When a man was on his job one day, he saw what he thought was a little pup across the way. He immediately wanted to go give him a pat on the head, but he had work to do. This pup was insistent on gaining the man’s attention so he came right up to the guy and looked at him with the most adorable eyes ever. Needless to say, the man was smitten, even though the dog had no teeth and was covered in fleas.
After feeding him and taking him home, a vet visit was in order. Toothless, as they had lovingly named him, had many things wrong with him! The poor little guy had rotten teeth, stomach ulcers, stunted growth, and fistulas that were infected. After a lot of TLC and medical care, they were finally able to see their sweet dog coming back to life. Finally, Toothless was being cared for and loved the way he needed to be!
Unfortunately, the vets knew Toothless would not live over a year. They expected him to make it only three months, but Toothless was able to survive for a full year, fully because of the love and attention he was given. When you see pictures of Toothless before and after, it will amaze you to see the transformation.
Although this dog was not given long to live, his last year was spent in total bliss! His owners held his little paws as he fell asleep into an eternal nap of peacefulness. This sweet dog may have been rescued by the man, but Toothless ended up rescuing him by showing him the awesome joy of true love between a dog and his owner.
• “I got him chicken-ish fast food during my lunch because he was so thin that I could feel his bones. I started sending these pictures to my wife planning on pleading to bring him home. I didn’t have to because she beat me to the punch.”
• “I thought that I would have to herd him away from doors all day until I could clock out and take him home. The little guy fell asleep on the floor and stayed there all day.”
• When they got him home, they cleaned him up, removing dozens of fleas, and brought him to the vet. His impressive list of existing conditions were: 1. Stunted growth from malnutrition. 2. Cataracts and one small pupil from blunt force trauma to the head. 3. Ulcers in his stomach causing vomiting. 4. Four oronasal fistulas in his mouth caused by his teeth rotting out of his head. 5. Completely deaf.
• And they landed on him being a Shetland Sheepdog, an age of somewhere between 8 and 12 with a weigh-in of 7.3 lbs.
“After a surgery on the fistulas, a strict medicinal regiment, months of spoiling and a family who loved him as much as two children and then some; Toothless (Nickname added by our Five year old daughter because of her love for How To Train Your Dragon) Rooster Cogburn was a dashing elderly gentleman in the vein of Sir Ian Mckellen and Christopher Plummer.”
Following this, “Toothless” was treated like royalty, living the good life he deserved.
No longer living in the cold, but occasionally enjoying it instead.
• And here we playing dress up…
• The cutest Who in Whoville ?
Of course his favorite thing to do was napping!
• And he sure got plenty of opportunity.
• All this time though, Toothless Rooster Cogburn was given three months to one year to live. He made it to one year before he got too sick to grace us with his awesomeness for one more day.
• Finally, on June 2, 2014; “I watched the greatest friend, most loving pet and the most heroic fighter I’ve ever met sink into a well deserved final nap while his mother and I held his paws.”
According to our hero he said, “I never thought I could love a pet as much as I loved him; as much as we loved him. Everyone who met him instantly begins loving him. His vets, our friends, a theater full of patrons when he performed a walk-on role in a play. He truly was one of a kind. We hope that we gave him enough good memories to wipe out any bad ones that came before.”
I could not have said it better myself.
Please share this heroic story with your friends below☟
Click for daily cuteness
What do you think?